24 Annual January 03, 2013 to January 14, 2013
The Palm Springs Film Festival welcomes narrative feature submissions from the United States and internationally.
|The festival welcomes non-fiction documentaries for programming during the festival.|
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
“The Palm Springs International Film Festival is the premier presenter of world cinema on the North American continent”.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Located in the beautiful Coachella Valley at the base of Mt. San Jacinto in southern California, the Palm Springs International Film Festival is one of the largest film festivals in the country, screening over 200 films from more than 60 countries to an audience of over 120,000.
From ages 5 to 85, the festival brings together communities as diverse as the retired citizens of the desert, the young, hip industry crowd of Los Angeles and film aficionados from around the world. The festival also features cultural events, filmmaker tributes, industry seminars and an annual black-tie gala award presentation.
The festival screens a majority of the official international submissions to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for Best Foreign Language Film. We also present the largest festival of short films in North America. Our 23rd Annual Festival will be held January 5-16, 2012. This festival is a “must see.”
Christine Asaro (Accountant) ; Christine Asaro (Accountant) ; Darryl Macdonald (Executive Director) ; Helen Du Toit (Artistic Director) ; Ken Jacobson (Programming Coordinator) ; Ken Jacobson (Programming Coordinator) ; Ken Jacobson (Programming Coordinator) ; Ken Jacobson (Programming Coordinator) ; Rhea Lewis (Managing Director) ; Rhea Lewis (Managing Director) ; Rhea Lewis (Managing Director) ; Rhea Lewis (Managing Director) ; Rhea Lewis (Managing Director) ; Rhea Lewis-Woodson (Managing Director) ; Steve Wilson (Publicist)
PLEASE NOTE ALL DEADLINES ARE “RECEIVED BY” DEADLINES, NOT POSTMARK DEADLINES!
1. Submitted films must be 70+ minutes for narrative features and 50+ minutes for documentary features. No short films will be accepted.
2. Please label the submitted DVD with the film title, running time and contact email and phone number
3. the film must have been completed in 2012 or 2013. Films completed in 2011 will only be considered if they premiered in 2012; films premiering prior to 2012 will not be considered
4. The film must not have been screened previously in the Coachella Valley (includes Palm Springs)
5. The film must not have been broadcast in U.S. prior to end of 2013 Palm Springs International Film Festival or viewed on the Internet
6. Rough cuts or cuts with “temp” sound will be accepted. Please list directly on the DVD what elements of your film are missing
7. More than one entry may be submitted. Each entry must include a separate entry form and submission fee. Films submitted without proper payment will not be considered. Entry fees are non-refundable.
ONCE YOUR FILM IS ACCEPTED FOR THE FESTIVAL:
1. Films accepted for the festival must be feature length (70+ minutes) or Documentary Feature (minimum 50 min) and must be shown in 35mm, DCP, Digibeta, HDCAM, or BluRay formats only in their original language with English subtitles.
2. The number(s), date(s), time(s), and location(s) of the screenings of films are at the discretion of the Festival.
3. The print supplier will be responsible for the cost of shipment to the Festival. The Palm Springs International Film Festival, in turn, will return the print postage prepaid to the supplier or to the next destination as indicated by the supplier. The Festival will not be responsible for international return shipping costs for U.S.-produced films.
4. The Festival takes utmost care of your entry, and provides insurance for loss or damage to a maximum value of $500.00 USD. The Festival does not pay additional charges for originals, masters, or special prints.
5. Participation in The Palm Springs International Film Festival implies understanding and acceptance of all terms included in this application.