7 – 10 November 2013, York
Deadline for entries is May 31, 2013
An established and dynamic player on the UK film festival circuit, the Aesthetica Short Film Festival (ASFF) is a celebration of independent film from across the world, and an outlet for championing and supporting short filmmaking.
Spanning all genres including drama, documentary, animation, comedy, music video, thriller, experimental and artists’ film, the festival showcases its films across 15 distinct and historic locations in the city of York. Moving between medieval halls, ancient city walls, boutique cinemas, quirky stores, lively café bars, art spaces and museums, the festival invites visitors to create their own unique viewing experience.
Alongside screenings, ASFF also presents a series of masterclasses and workshops with leading industry figures, working with such organisations as BAFTA, Channel 4, Warp Films, Raindance, Sheffield Doc/Fest and many more. There are also networking opportunities and social events across the weekend.
Explore York. Experience Film.
- The deadline for entries is 31 May 2013.
- All films selected for screening at ASFF will be notified by 31 July 2013.
- Winners will be announced at the closing ceremony at ASFF on 10 November 2013.
- ASFF Sampler DVD of a shortlist of finalists will be released with the December issue of Aesthetica Magazine.
- Screenings at ASFF.
- £500 prize money for Festival Winner Award.
- £250 prize money for Peoples’ Choice Award.
- Opportunity to be included on the ASFF 2013 Sampler that will go to Aesthetica readers
(60,000 viewers) in December 2013.
- Editorial in Aesthetica Magazine and on the Aesthetica Blog for a selectiion of finalists.